We—the International Institute for Sustainable Development (IISD)—take your privacy seriously and are committed to complying with relevant government privacy regulations, rules and policies.
Our website (https://beyondoilandgasalliance.com) is managed by:
111 Lombard Ave, Suite 325
Winnipeg, MB R3B 0T4
Telephone: +1 204 958 7700
Any requests regarding your personal information potentially held by us should be directed to email@example.com.
- Accountability. We are responsible for personal information in our possession or custody, including information that has been transferred to a third party for processing.
- Identifying Purposes. We specify the legitimate purposes for which we collect your personal information at or before the time of collection.
- Consent. Your knowledge and consent are required for the collection, use, or disclosure of personal information, except where inappropriate. You may at any time withdraw your consent and notify us that we may no longer collect, maintain or disclose your personal information.
- Limiting Collection. Our collection of your personal information is limited to that which is necessary for the purposes identified by IISD. We collect personal information by fair and lawful means only.
- Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention. We do not use or disclose your personal information for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with your consent or as required by law. We retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill those purposes.
- Accuracy. Your personal information will be as accurate, complete and up-to-date as is necessary for the purposes for which it is to be used, taking into account your interests.
- Safeguards. We protect personal information by security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information.
- Openness. We are open about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information and can make them readily available to you upon request.
- Individual Access. Upon request, we will inform you of the existence, use and disclosure of your personal information and give you access to that information, within reasonable time at minimal or no cost to you.
- Challenging Compliance. We investigate and address any complaint or inquiry you may make concerning IISD’s compliance with the above principles.
Our website may be used without entering any personal information.
Certain services and features listed below, however, do potentially use personally identifiable information either at your direct request, such as when you join a mailing list, or to provide a technical feature of the website.
- Facebook – Facebook Products are used as one of our social sharing platforms to engage, interact and improve our content for our online communities. Facebook stores your information and uses it to help personalize and improve its products, measure its analytics, and to communicate with its users. This includes individuals without Facebook account, with metrics including IP addresses, operating system in use and cookies. Refer to Facebook’s policy for detailed terms on how and what Facebook is doing with your information.
- Twitter – Twitter is used as one of our social sharing platforms to engage, interact and improve our content for our online communities. Your information is stored by Twitter, which records some of your personal information such as the type of device being used and your IP address. Twitter offers users the ability to change your settings on the limits and capacity of data being collected.
Our website contains subscription forms to newsletters that provide periodic information and updates about our work. We use third-party data processors, including Campaign Monitor and Mailchimp, to manage those newsletters. You can read more about their privacy and security practices under External Services on this page.
If you choose to subscribe to an IISD newsletter, we require a valid email address. You may opt to provide other information (such as your first name, surname, location and professional affiliation) so that you can receive a more personalized newsletter. This information will be forwarded to the appropriate service.
Your details will remain within the third party’s databases for as long as we continue to use those services for email marketing, or until you request to be removed from the newsletter. You may cancel your subscription at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link contained in every email newsletter we send.
We maintain a profile on several social networking platforms. Our website contains links to these networks. These third-party companies process your personal information, and maintain their own privacy policies, which are available for your review here:
We use features or services from external service providers. They may have their own privacy policies and use your personal information independently of your use of our website. These privacy policies are available for your review here:
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We and third parties working on our behalf collect personal information through this Site, which may include, but is not limited to, when you fill out the “Contact Us” form or provide information for a grant application or event registration. Personal information may include, but is not limited to, name, address, e-mail address, social media handles, photographs, online identifier, IP address or other similar identifiers. If you do not provide certain personal information, not all functionality on this Site may be available.
We, third parties working on our behalf (e.g., service providers), and third parties with whom we work (e.g., our partners), may place, view, and/or use “cookies,” web server logs, web beacons, and other electronic mechanisms to collect information about your use of this Site, and other digital properties. This information may include, but is not limited to, information about the IP address of your computer, browser type, language, device information, location data, operating system, the state or country from which you accessed this Site, the web pages and content visited, the date and the time of a visit, the sites you visited immediately before and after visiting this Site, the number of links you click within this Site, the functions you use on this Site and other information about how you use this Site.
We and the third parties and partners with whom we work may use the information collected for various reasons, including research, analysis, to better serve visitors to this Site, to compile or use aggregate and anonymous information about usage of this Site, other statistics etc. Most browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually set your browser to disable cookies, or to alert you when cookies are being sent. However, note that portions of this Site may not function properly if you disable cookies. To opt-out of Google Analytics, please click here.
We require that users under 18 years of age or under the age of majority in their jurisdiction not submit personal information. In accordance with the U.S. federal Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (“COPPA”), we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. We encourage parents to participate actively in their children’s Internet experience.
When you use one of our mobile apps and if you agree, through our mobile apps, we may use WiFi-based technologies that may detect which WiFi network you are connected to. We will use this information to provide location relevant content and improve your experience.
USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We and third parties working on our behalf use this information for carefully considered business purposes which also benefit our users and which include some or all of the following:
- to provide and facilitate our services and products;
- to communicate with you;
- to help improve our services and products and develop new services and products;
- to provide you with information regarding the Bloomberg.org Group or other parties that may be of interest to you;
- to enhance your experience with this Site, including to save your preferences;
- to analyze Site usage and analyze use of the Site;
- to protect the interests, rights, safety, or property of the Bloomberg.org Group or others and to monitor compliance with and enforce any terms of any agreement with the Bloomberg.org Group;
- to operate our organization and systems properly.
Third parties working on our behalf and third parties with whom we work, including, but not limited to, our partners use the personal information that they may collect during your visits to this Site and other Sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice and how to “opt out” of cookies placed by the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) member networks for this purpose, you can visit www.networkadvertising.org and opt-out here for browsers and here for mobile devices. To “opt out” of advertising cookies placed by participating companies in the Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising, and thereby limit the tracking of your online activity and the targeted advertising you receive, please click here for browsers and click here for mobile devices.
You may instruct the Bloomberg.org Group at any time not to use your personal information collected in connection with your request to provide you with offers and promotions by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also note that these processes may take some time to complete, consistent with applicable law. Please note that if you exercise choice in this manner, you will continue to receive communications concerning your account and products and services you requested, and in response to any requests for information by you.
We may also disclose your personal information if we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary:
(a) to comply with the law or in response to a subpoena, court order, government request, or other legal process;
(b) to produce relevant documents or information in connection with litigation, arbitration, mediation, adjudication, government or internal investigations, or other legal or administrative proceedings;
(c) to protect the interests, rights, safety, or property of us, any member of us, or others;
(d) to monitor compliance with and enforce any terms of service on this Site;
(e) to provide our services and products (including in connection with the transfer of any assets or allowing a purchaser or successor of us or any member of us, any organization in Bloomberg Philanthropies, or this Site to continue to serve you), and to perform other activities related to such services and products;
(f) to provide you with information about our products and services and those of third parties that may be of interest to you; or (g) to operate the systems that provide our services and products properly.
We may share your personal information with third parties who perform services on our behalf and to respond to your request or inquiry. We may also share your personal information with partners, affiliates, and/or third parties interested in serving you or informing you about their companies or organizations. You may instruct us at any time not to share your personal information with such partners, affiliates, and/or third parties by contacting us at email@example.com.
We are not responsible for the collection, use, and/or disclosure of your information by affiliates and third parties, including, but not limited to, our partners. Such collection, use, and/or disclosure by partners, affiliates, or third parties are governed by their privacy policies.
We may use or disclose on this Site or elsewhere the information and contents of the material you submit, post, upload, or otherwise make available on this Site, such as in a grant application. You understand and agree that such information and contents of the material will not be treated as confidential by us. You further understand and agree that the outcome of any grant application that you submit will not be treated as confidential.
ACCURACY, SECURITY, AND RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Any of your personal information collected by us through this Site is kept on secure servers. We use security measures appropriate to the provision of the relevant product or services, such as reasonable administrative, technical, personnel, and physical measures to safeguard personal information on such servers. To help us protect your privacy, you should maintain the secrecy of any username and password you set up in connection with your participation in this Site’s service, if any. Personal information is retained for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it is collected, including legitimate business reasons, and/or legal and regulatory requirements.
RIGHTS WITH RESPECT TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
TRANSFER OF PERSONAL INFORMATION TO OTHER COUNTRIES
LINKS TO THIRD-PARTY SITES
This Site may contain links to third-party sites, including to social networking sites. We are not responsible for any personal information you may provide while on such sites. Any information provided on such sites is governed by the privacy policies of the third-party sites.